Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Strength of the Wolf (The Tameness of the Wolf, #2) - Kendall McKenna 2.5I was happy to this story focus on Tim Madison one of the players from [b:Strength of the Pack|17258293|Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)|Kendall McKenna|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358531696s/17258293.jpg|23858530] but it didn't work for me as much as I wished it did. There were a couple of different story lines flowing here. Tim meeting the civilian transitioning True Alpha Jeremy, the overseas attacks on werewolves, Tim's brother Adam and unexpectedly the SOD attempts to use Noah and Lucas' bond for further military operations which is never fully explored here, I'm guessing it's a plot for the next book or further books down the line?I'm a big fan of sex but there was just too much here for me. ;) It just felt that for 3/4 of the book that's all the connection that Tim and Jeremy had. I don't think it helped that I just re-read SofP right before this where Noah and Lucas had a slow, steady build to their relationship before they slept together. I ended up having a hard time connecting to Jeremy's character maybe because with all the focus on sex we didn't really see a lot of his transition but were more told that he had achieved it near the end. He's not military so delving more into what it means to be a civilian True Alpha is something that I would have enjoyed and I was curious about this: was the fact of him being 25 transitioning instead of 19/20 supposed to go somewhere? I thought there might have been interesting reasoning behind it but there wasn't, too bad. It just seemed like there were two different books here with the relationship running parallel to the military story but never really crossing over in any meaningful way. I found parts of both stories interesting but not cohesive, sadly, and it really affected my enjoyment of the read because it felt fractured. I think I went into this expecting a military shifter story similar to book one so the introduction to the younger, not quite steady civilian Alpha Jeremy was a bit of a surprise. It's a surprise I could have worked with if the focus had been less on sex and more on the concept of what it is to become a True Alpha. Still, once the story reached the 3/4 mark I had come to enjoy Jeremy and Tim together, it just took me a while to get there. I enjoyed the cameos of the other characters and while this didn't resonate with me like the first in the series I'll be checking out book 3 when it's released.