Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Private Eye (Liaisons #1) - S.E. Culpepper Need to reread this one and do a review. I really like this series. ++Rafe is a private detective and Jeremy is a motorcycle cop who calls him and gets him involved in a neighborhood missing person's case. This has been a favorite series of mine and happily it holds up to a re-read. This is a GFY story with Jeremy coming to terms with falling for Rafe. One thing that I really enjoyed here was Jeremy's relationship with his older sister Tracey and how he was able to really open up with her and be emotional and talk about his attraction to Rafe. Rafe has good friends in Brian and Megan and I liked those interactions as well. One thing this re-read did for me was it allowed me to see Rafe's ex-boyfriend Mark in a different light and I wasn't as harsh with him as I was in my first go around. His unrequited love for Rafe was pretty difficult to read and I felt bad for him here. He didn't handle the break up in the best way, but then, neither did Rafe. I perceived a better balance in their relationship than I did previously. The attraction between Rafe and Jeremy had a slow, steady build that I found fun and flirty. Their chemistry was great and the sex scenes were intense and hot. I loved how Jeremy, when he figured out what he wanted was all on board with the relationship and I liked how he didn't back down to Rafe after he overhears the later Brian/Rafe conversation. The thriller aspect was solid. I'd actually forgotten what was going to happen so when the action went down it was like reading it again for the first time. A great GFY MM. Wonderful dialogue with strong characters and a keep-you-guessing storyline. Recommended.