Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Harvested - Alex Morgan 1.5This sounded so good but in the end it didn't work for me.I loved the concept of the Earth recovering from an alien attack. Unfortunately what didn't work for me was both the story and the characters.Dakota and Grayson are lovers. Grayson chooses to leave the relative safety of a reemerging Dallas colony to make a perilous journey to St. Louis to see if his family survived. Dakota decides to stay behind but follows later because he can't stand not knowing if his partner has survived. He stumbles upon a older lady and her grandson who survived the alien attacks and he and the grandson begin an affair. The grandmother is killed in an attack by mutated humans who roam the wastelands looking for food. Not sure why they're going for actual food and not the people but mutants will be mutants, I guess. Dakota and the younger man, Chip, make it to another colony in Oklahoma. Surprise, surprise Grayson is there and screwing their leader. It turns out that Grayson actually wanted to get away from Dakota which is the main reason that he left Dallas. Hmmm. So we have Grayson and the Colonel sleeping together and then Dakota and Chip. The Colonel makes moves on Dakota almost immediately. O_o Grayson is basically a non-entity here and decides to leave AGAIN to go BACK to Dallas. He leaves and is killed. Mutants attack and Chip is killed. So now we have Dakota and the Colonel. Yeah. Too bad. I wanted to like this because I love these kind of stories but there was a fickleness to the characters that rubbed me wrong. No depth to the characters or the relationships. Not a read I can recommend.