Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Tryst (Apples & Gin, #4.5) - Jenna  Jones Can you enjoy a series and characters so much that one interlude can ruin it all for you? I believe so. :(I've adored the Apples&Gin series so much. It's been at times amusing, angsty, romantic, heart-wrenching, sexy and gorgeous. That the author was able to pull out such layered and complex characters and storylines in 20-40 pages just blew me away. The pacing over eight years just worked so well and was so tightly written.I wish that I didn't know this story existed. Sigh. It was so out of character that it completely threw me. After the first story, I got the rest in the series blind and didn't read the blurbs for any of them. I wish that I had and I could have skipped this one. It's actually mislabelled #6 when it should be #4.5 since it happens after Christmas and before the wedding. Noah and Sawyer are shooting their duet which is basically their love story. It sounds super cheesy but the set up of it was incredibly lovely. And out the blue:Sawyer wants to invite guys into their relationship. Only if Noah is there and only if Noah agrees to it. What. The. Fuck. If this had been an established parameter of their eight year relationship then okay...but it wasn't ever. To make matters worse the first guy Sawyer wants to screw is Noah's best friend who will also be his best man and he's the director of their duet video. Again. What. The. Fuck. What a buzzkill. The whole of the series has been about these two men. Sawyer and Noah. How much they love each other and what they've gone through to be together. I don't think I've been this disappointed with a character's actions in a book for a long time. More maybe because it was out of left field so completely out of character. I didn't like it. At all.Apples&Gin is a fantastic series but this is the square peg for me. I wish I could unread it.