Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

A Werewolf's Soldier - Kayley Scott This basically has everything I love in a book, the military, werewolves, MM, and hot guys. The whole idea of the Warwolves just turns my crank and maybe the fact that we don't really learn as much as we could in this first book of the series is one of the reasons it didn't quite work for me.I really wanted to love this book. There's an overabundance of endearments here that I just cannot enjoy in any book, let alone an MM one: lover, handsome etc, etc...it's a short book so this is a constant once the guys come into contact and it's off putting to me. I enjoyed Josh in the beginning, he was a strong character and I enjoy these Alpha military types a lot but once he and Tuck met he seemed to become lesser which was sad. There were pockets of him retaining that strong initial impression but he was at the end more than willing to be submissive to Tuck. Sometimes that submissiveness worked for me but for the majority of the time it didn't. I did wish that after Tuck's initial mission they had gone directly back to the Den and that the second "side mission" was skipped. It was a good story and the bones are so intriguing, the pull of these tough, military MM stories are hard for me to resist. I'll try the second in the series but this, while a pleasant read with lots of potential for world-building sadly just didn't do it for me.