Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Bollywood Desires - Lavinia Lewis 2.5I really wanted to like this one and it had some good points to it. Likeable characters, interesting location and storyline but it just didn't jell for me as well as would have liked. This is an extremely slow burn romance, frustratingly so for me at most points.Brent Hawthorne is a London bodyguard recently moved to India with friends to make a go of starting a security business with clients from Bollywood. Their first job turns out to be the protection of one of the industry's top stars, Rajkumar Khan, he's gay but closeted and is being blackmailed. There is attraction between Raj and Brent but they don't act on it primarily due to Brent refusing to cross the line between bodyguard and client. There's a lot of waffle here though. Will we, won't we, should we, shouldn't we...always two steps forward and then one step back which was so incredibly frustrating. Even though there seems like there's a lot happening with the blackmail plot with letters and threats, the storyline of it moves very, very slowly. I hate to say that I was bored but I was bored. I didn't find the characters engaging enough for me to really connect with them. It was struggle to finish this one. I'd say if you're a fan of the slow burn romance you might be interested in trying this one. Unfortunately for me, it was too slow which affected what I thought of the characters' actions and motivations.