Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Brothers In Arms (Recon Diaries, #1) - Kendall McKenna I need to re-read this one for review. I remember enjoying it quite a bit. **Having just finished my re-read I remember why I enjoyed this book so much. I was a huge fan of the HBO special Generation Kill based on Recon Marines in Iraq. This book is so reminiscent of that...the dialogue, the flow of action, the descriptions. I loved it. We have Marine Staff Sergeant, Jonah Carver and his former Platoon Commander, Kellan Reynolds. After Kellan decides to not re-up the men admit their attraction and share a scorching night together. Kellan stays in the US writes a book about his experiences and becomes a government consultant. Jonah heads back to Iraq and continues on with military life. The men meet again a few years later when Kellan returns to Iraq as part of an investigative team under the protection of Jonah's squad. This is pretty romance light but there's an underlying ust that just permeates this story. These two men are so attracted to each other but out in the field it is impossible for them to act on it, they do let it show in little ways but this is definitely more about the action and the investigation. Really steeped in military life here. Lots of terminology and action as well as very fleshed out secondary characters that bring a lot to the story. This definitely has a satisfying conclusion and epilogue but I would love to see these guys in a few years. Would Kellan still be consulting? Would Jonah have retired from military life? What would he be doing now and where would the men be as a couple?Great story with lots of action and wonderful chemsitry between two hot military men. Just as good as I remembered it!