Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Lines in the Sand - Lyn Gala 3.5This had a really slow start for me. It was about the half way mark that it really started growing on me and I ended up really enjoying it. Carl is in a bit of bind. Former convict, mob driver and FBI snitch. He's left the witness protection program so that he can do the only thing that makes him feel worthy, work on cars, but by doing that he's put himself at risk for exposure to the mob he's turned on.In walks his old boss, Peter. He was one of the men that Carl gave up to the feds who managed to evade the cops. I enjoyed the dynamic between Carl and Peter and how it changed over the course of the book. That handcuffs moment when Carl realizes why Peter came looking for him was fun to read. I also really enjoyed Carl's car analogy for love, so very appropriate for how his mind works. These are two very tough men who have gone through a lot to be together. The ending was particularly enjoyable because of how they both get a shock to how they see the world. These aren't feelings guys, they're very physical men, there is a lot of emotion but it's internalized and most of what they feel for each other is unspoken. This is a very charming story. Mob men in love.