Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Steamroller - Mary Calmes I don't what it is with Mary Calmes' writing but for me, I find it very addictive. Her stories are comfort reads that I go to and enjoy the hell out of each and every time. In this one, we have Vincent Wade, a young student struggling to make ends meet and Carson Cress, football star and big man on campus. Vincent is working hard to a future he's very sure of while Carson is feeling the weight of expectations both from his family and the public. There is wonderful chemistry here between the MC's and one thing that absolutely love with all Calmes' books are her secondary characters. Vince's adopted family and Carson's mother are pretty wonderful.This is a novella, 95 pages only, so the story moves very fast. While it works for these characters, I can't help but want more. I want more about these guys finding their place in the world and more of them finding it together. What we do get is a meet cute, a scorching one night, and a very intense next meet that lays the foundation for the future. I would have love another short with these guys down the road, not because this didn't have a satisfying conclusion but more because I'd love to see where they are in 10 years or so. I can imagine it but what can I say, I'm an addict. If you've never read a Mary Calmes before expect sweet, snarky characters who form strong, loving relationships with secondary characters. This is about opposites feeling that electric, irresitible pull and finding that someone who compliments them and makes them stronger. They seem like two very different men who, in the end, turn out to be not that different and really want the same thing from the world and each other. Everything I want in Calmes story but very short.