Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

A Younger Man - Cameron Dane I've been waiting for this book since Noah made his appearance in Cabin Fever#2: Grey's Awakening. He's a handyman who after acknowledging his attraction to one the GA protagonists, Sirus, decides to end his 20 year marriage and come out so he can pursue his infatuation. Unfortunately for him Sirus isn't interested in him that way so Noah is at a bit of a loose end and this is where we see him at the start of this book. He wants to be in a relationship but he's reluctant to start dating, mostly because he feels awkward and unsure of how to act. The awkardness is absolutely adorable. Noah is an extremely attractive man, both in looks and personality, so seeing him try to make his way in unfamiliar territory was so interesting. I think another reason for his awkwardness is his father. Since coming out Noah has had a strained relationship with both his parents, his father especially. This is really heart breaking to read as his tries to regain that bond. So here we have Noah, ready and interested in dating men but tentative. Into his life walks Zane. A man too young with too many responsibilities, and straight. My heart broke for Zane. He's doing everything he can to honour a promise made to his step-father and keep his family together. Noah is there for Zane when Zane desperately needs help. While Noah helps Zane out of bind their friendship never seems unbalanced, it was really interesting to see their relationship deepen and become stronger. While Noah is attracted to Zane he never lets that influence his actions in helping Zane and his siblings. We have an evil aunt, creepy loan sharks, angry parents and virgins coming out of the woodwork and while this sounds zany and over the top never once does it read that way. There's an intensity here and a naturalness to how Zane comes to terms with the outside forces battering against him as well as his attraction to Noah.When Zane and Noah do get together it feels right. They're perfect for each other and the age difference, although talked about never really factors into becoming an obstacle. Zane may be be young but he knows his own mind and Noah may be older but he knows what he wants.We also get a few cameos by Grey and Sirus (love them!)The sexual chemistry couldn't be hotter. I think that has a lot to do with newness on both their parts. They're both open and willing to explore the attraction and just going for what feels right for them both. I was so curious where Dane was going take Noah's character and it was so worth the wait. This was a great story about finding love and loving your family, as well as making tough choices and sacrifices. Even though this story is a part of a series it can be read as a standalone story. Recommended.