Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Kithra - Dani Worth I love sci-fi romance. Love them. We have the start of a really intriguing series here. The planet Kithra has been essentially destroyed by a series of mysterious explosions that has basically killed the vast majority of the Kithran's on planet (only a handful on planet survived) and left the planet isolated and inhabitable. I'm looking forward to future books exploring the origins of these mysterious explosions. I have my own theories so we'll see how those jib with the upcoming books. Access to the planet is limited through one ship with a particular type of metallic hull that can survive hits from the debris surrounding the planet resulting from the explosions. I love how this isolates the three characters of the book: Lux, Kol and Egan. No Devil's threeway here. ;) Kol and Egan have history, a pretty tragic and touching history, and I loved reading how these two men work through it and come to terms with their attraction. There's no third wheel here, Lux is full partner here and holds her own with each man. For a shorter story, we really get a complete picture of each character and the history of the planet. I find some sci-fi romance can get lost in technospeak but I didn't feel that here. There's solid world-building and futuristic concepts that don't overwhelm the core romantic relationship. The chemistry of all these characters are unique to each bond but very complimentary and really, really hot. I'm intrigued with Kithra, there's so much devastation associated with it and it's grim but never hopeless but I like this concept of regeneration.