Heller

Heller

ob.ses.sion

Training Season - Leta Blake

Sometimes a book and the characters just grab you and won't let you go until they tell you their story. This was one of those books for me. I desperately needed to know what was going to happen between Matty and Rob but I also desperately needed some sleep because I work today. It was a struggle to not skip to the ending so I could get a bit of closure and grab a few winks but I resisted and managed to both finish the story and grab a bit of sleep last night. I'll be paying for it later but I have no regrets, it's one of the reasons that I love reading so much, finding stories that just won't let me quit them.

Matty Marcus is a figure skater. He's flamboyant, he's fabulous, and he's an elite athlete attempting to come back after a disastrous Olympic games and an injury. He needs to hire a new coach and in order for him to do that he needs money and he needs the freedom to train. He lands a cherry job of house-sitting for a patron in the wilds of Montana and the isolation will hopefully help him focus on the job at hand.

Rob Lovely owns a ranch just across the pasture. He's the boy next door but he's also not the boy next door. He's a Dom and he helps Matty focus in an entirely different and fun way.

I'm not quite sure what it is about this book that enthralled me so much. The humour was wonderful. I started reading this at work last night and had a goofy grin whenever I came back from my breaks thinking of the exchanges between Matty and his best friend Elliot. They had me laughing so much. Matty is who is he and proud of it and the way his mind works was a joy to read.

The BDSM is integral to this story. It's not hardcore enough to scare away someone unfamiliar with the kink but as a reader you need to be aware that's a prevalent aspect in the relationship between Rob and Matty. They gave a lot to each other and what they had I found beautiful. They always knew it was going to end so when that happened and the house-sitting gig was over it was devastating.

Just how will a relationship between a Montana cowboy and NYC Olympic figure skater work out? I recommend you read this to find out. It's a gorgeous story filled with characters that leap out from the pages to tell their story but it's not all puppies and Christmas. It's good with the bad, happy with the sad and kiss with the cry. I loved it and I want you all to read it so we can talk about it.